An extra dose of confidence for the busy momma.
Any woman who’s a mother will tell you that it is hard work! Late night feedings, constant worrying about the wellbeing of your child and for those of you with toddlers, the nonstop questions and (not so) occasional meltdowns. Add in the stress of work, appointments, the gym and maintaining your relationships while trying to get by on four hours of sleep a night and you’ve got a recipe for burn out.
In these crazy, hectic days, it can be easy to neglect your own self care. Everyone likes to joke about moms wearing the same shirt for three days and living in yoga pants and messy buns with the biggest coffee they can possibly find but really, it doesn’t have to be that way. Taking the time to take care of yourself and do things that soothe you and bring you confidence can help you be the best possible mom you can be.
Because I know that time is in short supply for you, I want to help you with a basic makeup routine with easy to use products so you can attack the day with confidence, knowing you took the time to do something for yourself. This routine is quick but will leave you feeling fresh and ready to take on the day! Following these five simple steps, you can attend that third play date this week (if you choose:) knowing that you’re putting your best face forward. (video below)
- Apply a base of Mineral Sheer Tint. This lightweight tinted cream will help give you a little coverage if your skin is looking slightly dull from all of those late nights and it also has SPF so if you’re running short of time for your skincare routine, you’ll be protected from those UV rays!
- Next, you can apply the Illuminator Stick to the high points of your face for an extra healthy glow. You can even blend it with your fingers so you don’t have to spend time cleaning one more makeup brush- just make sure your hands are clean, of course!
- Then, we’re going to set your face with our Photo Chromatic Pressed Powder. This is going to blur any fine lines, mask the appearance of larger pores and lock your look in place.
- Add some XLXL Mascara and your lashes will say "What? no these aren't falsies, they are all mine!". It’s amazing how awake a great mascara can make you look!
- Finish off with our Plumping Lip Gloss for full, shiny, healthy looking lips that are natural enough that if you don’t have time to reapply after eating the crusts of your toddler’s PB and J sandwich, nobody will notice! Disclaimer: The Plumping Lip Gloss will give an intense tingle for up to 5 minutes...it's working some magic:)
That’s all there is to it! This is a simple, natural looking makeup routine that you can accomplish in five minutes or less with amazing products that will stand up to the tests that being a busy mom can put you through during the day, so you can focus on what’s important: living your life as a strong, confident and amazing parent!
p.s. I am still obsessed with my brushes!